We are looking for a Yard Clerk at a local manufacturer. You will be responsible for managing inbound and outbound freight. Duties include: managing paperwork for inbound and outbound freight, load tracking, communicating any issues with shipments, etc. There are immediate openings on 2nd and 3rd shift.
If you are interested, you can APPLY ONLINE at http://handlednow.com/general-application/. If you would like more information about this job, please give us a call at 317-222-1157.
The Yard Clerk is responsible for providing logistics support to operations to include routing, dispatching and receiving inbound and outbound containers and trailers.
- Records and maintains data regarding inbound and outbound containers and trailers
- Validates all documentation for incoming and outgoing containers and trailers for security of product purposes
- Validates and insures bill of lading data for accuracy
- Provides direction and documentation to dispatched drivers in accordance with established procedures
- Communicates with drivers and warehouse personnel to ensure carriers are valid and authorized to drop off loads and pick up return containers and trailers
- Provides detailed directions and instructions to properly route drivers
- Coordinates with yard hostler to manager yard and door accessibility for inbound containers
- Updates managers on open issues concerning inbound/outbound containers
- Monitors documentation and pick-ups on inbound freight
- Updates receivers and customers on status of loads
- Other duties as required and assigned
Requirements:Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training
- General understanding or knowledge of the transportation industry
- PC literate to include Microsoft Office products such as word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and must occasionally lift and /or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour